Proxmark3 community

Research, development and trades concerning the powerful Proxmark3 device.

Remember; sharing is caring. Bring something back to the community.

"Learn the tools of the trade the hard way." +Fravia

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Time changes and with it the technology
Proxmark3 @ discord

Users of this forum, please be aware that information stored on this site is not private.

#1 2012-01-09 04:53:56

Shinoby

Need Help, is this Copyieng Possible? And how?

Okay Hello Guy´s im from Germany and im new in this whole rfid section so my knowledge is newby level.

I going to buy Proxmark but firstly i want to know if the proxmark will help me in what i want to do.

Let me start with explaining what i want to do:
I want to Copy a Mifare 1k data to another Mifare 1k
but i think my situation will make it easier maybe to do this.

I have a Gym´s Mifare 1k card, with this card i can visit 10 times the gym, then i have to charge it again(i work there so i can charge myself everytime). The visit´s left are written on the card so the system works offline.
Because i Work in this gym, i have empty original Mifare 1k cards also with the gyms logo on it.

So that means:
I have       1       Original Gyms Mifare card with 10 Visit´s left on it
I have Unlimited Original Gyms Mifare cards without Visits left on it
I have access to the Original Reader/Writer device which charges the Visits (So i can charge it 1 time with 10 visits, and the Proxmark can sniff the information?? so that the proxmark will be used as Charge device?? possible?)
And when i buy the Proxmark i have the proxmark.

What do i need, and how can i now copy The 10 Visits from the one Original Mifare 1k card to the Other Original Mifare 1k card.

Im sorry for my bad english im from german, and sorry i have read many threads by i couldnt get it really how thist stuff work and how i can do it.

Thank´s for help :-)

#2 2012-01-16 14:59:33

henry2010

Re: Need Help, is this Copyieng Possible? And how?

you of course can do it as you like? just got a simple reader and some software to do it?

#3 2012-01-16 21:06:01

0xFFFF
Administrator

The Proxmark will certainly do all of this. It is able to 'charge' a card and it is able to read the total credit the card has. All you're doing here is reading and writing something to the application areas.
The tricky part is making sense of the data on the application area(s) of the card. In most cases it's very simple to do.

#4 2012-01-21 13:45:59

Shinoby

Thank you guys, so if i got it right.
I just have to read the data which is on the application area, and write it without any complications to the application area of another card.
I thought i would have to know how the data is written on the card could it be that the data is crypted or something like that?
so i had to sniff what the origininal writing device write on the card?   Or does it mean even if the data on the card is crypted i can just copy the crypted data, because the uncrypter ( which is the device in gym)  doesnt see a difference?

Which software do i need?

#5 2012-01-22 02:41:10

0xFFFF
Administrator

Shinoby wrote:

I just have to read the data which is on the application area, and write it without any complications to the application area of another card.

If the data isn't encrypted - yes. If the card is encrypted then you'll have to crack the key, then copy the data and put the same key on the new card.

Shinoby wrote:

I thought i would have to know how the data is written on the card could it be that the data is crypted or something like that?

You don't really need to know how the data is written to the card if you copy its entire contents. It is possible that the content is encrypted but it would not have any effect on copying the data to another card.

Shinoby wrote:

so i had to sniff what the origininal writing device write on the card?

You might want to do this if you want to understand fully what the original writing device is doing with the card. But you might find that you don't need to worry about this.

Shinoby wrote:

Or does it mean even if the data on the card is crypted i can just copy the crypted data, because the uncrypter ( which is the device in gym)  doesnt see a difference?

Yes.

Shinoby wrote:

Which software do i need?

The Proxmark project has a CLI application that will run on any operating system. Checkout the project and have a look for yourself.

#6 2012-01-30 00:35:09

YoungJules
Contributor

The only thing you can't normally copy (well, to be precise you can read it but you can't write it to another card) is the first 16 bytes containing the CSN etc.

The first 16 bytes of the Mifare classic are normally 'write locked'.  Apparently there are some clone cards available which will allow you also to write to the first block of the card, thus making a perfect clone possible.

It depends on the application the card is being put to as to whether this is significant or not... in other words if the system is reading the CSN and using/validating it in some way, you may be out of luck.

As henry2010 says, if all you want to do is clone a Mifare classic, you only need a $40 to $50 reader/writer... perhaps the proxmark3 is a little overkill for what you want?

#7 2012-03-21 22:59:38

wender_reis

YoungJules, I need your help.
I read that you have a SCL 3711 and can copy cards in windows and linux. I tried like everything in ubuntu but I'm not a good linux user. I tried libnfc with mfoc but I get some erros and nobody in their forums answer any question. Sure, I've been waited like weeks to get one answer and tried many ways but nothing.

Can you help me? How you can dump mifare 1k cards? In windows or Linux?
I know this is not the place but I can't write a private to you.
Thanks

#8 2012-03-21 23:36:24

Bugman1400
Contributor

Careful Jules.

#9 2012-03-22 13:54:31

YoungJules
Contributor

Hi wender_reis

Can you point me to your unanswered posts on the libnfc forum?  I'll take a look and see if there's anything I can help you out with.  Best not to clutter up this forum with stuff that doesn't concern the proxmark.

Just so we're clear, I have to let you know that I'm working in this area in a white-hat capacity, and that the cards I've copied have been cards belonging to the company I'm working for (with their permission!).  So while I'm happy to share my limited knowledge to help people with general research and understanding, I have no interest in helping anyone do anything illegal.  If you want to copy your ski pass, your bus pass, your vending machine card, break into your neighbour's house... you're on your own!  Figure it out for yourself :-P

Also, my knowledge of all things Proxmark leaves a lot to be desired! smile

Kind regards,
YoungJules

#10 2012-05-04 18:05:54

wender_reis

Hi Jules, thanks for the answer.
Actually I don't wan't to hack anything but it depends how we consider the hack word means.
I have a samsung nexus phone (nfc capable). And I have also a rfid university library card and a few bus pass cards. I would like to make my phone emulate one bus pass so I can pay and recharge my phone, you get it? Nothing to do with getting keys and change info to get more credits. Only use my phone instead of carrying a lot of cards.  And also use my phone to enter in the library. And to get that I don't know what I need. I have only one SCL3711.

My post is here. They answered my question, but still I'm not sure about it.
http://www.libnfc.org/community/topic/89/mifare-classic-offline-cracker/page/3/
I asked about linux software because I thought a dump could help me but I'm not sure what I really need and if its possible.

Thanks

#11 2012-05-11 08:23:41

YoungJules
Contributor

Hey wender_reis,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you, I have been busy rebuilding my machines.  I know what you mean about the word hack, we'll have to invent a new word for old-style hacking as it's been stolen!

I can kind of understand that you don't want to carry too many cards around and want to do it all from your phone.  However, I think it may well be a bit of a challenge!  First thing to do would be to check whether the phone can do 125kHz or 13.5MHz or both and then to check what each card is.  If you have a mix of proximity and mifare, you have an additional challenge!  Do you have complete control over what your phone's nfc chip does?  How do you tell it which UID to use?  Can you ask it to emulate Mifare/Prox?

As you found out on the nfc forum, the mfoc tool seems to need at least one sector locked with one of the known 'transport' keys.  I guess the cards I've tried 'mfoc'ing so far have all had at least one sector locked with one of the known transport keys.  Seems mfcuk may provide a solution otherwise, but again you're getting into some quite tricky work.

Maybe you should just buy a bigger wallet?  :-P

Kind regards,
YoungJules

Last edited by YoungJules (2012-05-11 08:24:24)

#12 2012-05-11 19:07:28

wender_reis

Hi Jules, last week I bought a better wallet. :-) But technology stuff just makes me crazy about it, I can't hadle one nfc capable phone and one scl3711 and do nothing. hehehe I'm trying to see first if I can clone one crypted card like my university card and make the clone card just like it but with standard keys and see if it works at university local machine. If its UID related I guess its kind of impossible but I'll try it anyway. Mfcuk is hard to find over internet, I can not find it to download and compile in my ubuntu 11.10.
Anyway, if I could do that I guess its kind of 70% done. A simple android app can recognize and read all cards that I have but only UID cause its crypted. Thats hard stuff but if it can be done would be awesome.

Thanks,
WenderReis

#13 2012-05-18 19:09:04

merlok
Contributor

NFC phones cant emulate card otherwise you can hack android))))
https://groups.google.com/group/android-developers/browse_thread/thread/d5fc35a9f16aa467?pli=1
http://nemik.net/code/android-nfc/Nfc-app.diff

))))

nice overview of secure element:
http://thinkd2c.wordpress.com/2011/07/07/nexus-s-enables-the-nfc-secure-element/

Board footer