Proxmark3 community

Research, development and trades concerning the powerful Proxmark3 device.

Remember; sharing is caring. Bring something back to the community.

"Learn the tools of the trade the hard way." +Fravia

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Time changes and with it the technology
Proxmark3 @ discord

Users of this forum, please be aware that information stored on this site is not private.

#1 2020-10-19 20:15:42

Rosco
Contributor

ChameleonTiny RevG Professional: no joy with Bluetooth

I'm sorry if this is the wrong venue: I can't seem to find information about my problem anywhere, so I figured I'd ask here.

I have a ChameleonTiny RevG Professional (version with BLE) and I'm trying to establish a serial console over Bluetooth, but it doesn't seem to want to connect.

Anybody know if there's something to enable, or some button combo to hit - or something else to do?

The VERSION? command returns "ChameleonMini RevG compiled at 2020-02-03 17:22:16(11a8cc5) using LUFA 151115 with AVR-GCC 5.4.0."

Thanks a lot for any help!

Last edited by Rosco (2020-10-19 20:16:17)

#2 2020-10-19 20:29:22

iceman
Administrator
Website

Re: ChameleonTiny RevG Professional: no joy with Bluetooth

There is a chameleon channel over at the discord server,   you might get a fast answer there
https://discord.gg/HcDXgJ

#3 2020-10-19 20:36:09

Rosco
Contributor

Thanks. I'll go and have a look. But usually I'm not having much luck with Discord: it locks me out and I can never recover access for really stupid reasons. Let's see if it works this time around smile

#4 2020-10-27 10:32:20

Rosco
Contributor

I'm gonna leave this here, in case someone has any useful information to make use of the BLE functionality in the ChameleonMini / ChameleonTinyPro, other than with Proxgrind's Android app.

I cannot for the life of me get it to connect / pair in Linux or Windows. There is no documentation anywhere. The Chameleon BLE API repo isn't much help. The firmware's repo even less. The people on Discord I talked to, while they mean well, don't know much of anything about it either.

The one thing I found is this cryptic comment on the Google Playstore page for the Proxgrind Chameleon app:

The proxgrind developers are holding closed source Bluetooth BLE specs hostage due to vendetta against a strong willed, assertive and more talented woman.

Whatever the hell this refers too exactly (I don't wanna know), it does seem to match the complete and utter lack of documentation for this feature.

I'm giving up trying to code the BT application I had in mind for this device - unless someone has some useful documentation or non-Android code he wouldn't mind sharing.

Last edited by Rosco (2020-10-27 10:42:26)

#5 2020-10-29 14:11:11

Rosco
Contributor

Update: I finally got it to connect programmatically under Linux through BLE, and I can now use its services and characteristics. Next job is to try and replicate exact the behavior of the Android app. Right now the device just doesn't react to any command / frame I send it.

It's a massive PITA to do anything with it, but it looks like I'm getting somewhere - just not very fast smile

Dunno if anybody's interested really...

#6 2020-10-29 14:41:46

iceman
Administrator
Website

I think much of discussions in at the discord server,  the chameleon channels.  If you want to have more dialogue

Board footer