Proxmark3 community

Research, development and trades concerning the powerful Proxmark3 device.

Remember; sharing is caring. Bring something back to the community.

"Learn the tools of the trade the hard way." +Fravia

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Time changes and with it the technology
Proxmark3 @ discord

Users of this forum, please be aware that information stored on this site is not private.

#1 2019-11-22 03:22:36

Charlie
Contributor

Mifare UID Script

Hello,

We ordered some new mifare classic 1k cards for our salto system but the new cards wont scan and allow us to add them into the system. If I take one of our old working cards and use our proxmark to copy it onto the new cards it works. I need each user to have their own ID number though so cant just keep copying an old working card.

Im guessing there is blank info on certain sectors on our new mifare classic cards from the manufacture and thats why they aren't scanning correctly, and once i copy a working one they start working. Can't use Chinese back door commands on the card to change the UID.

Is it possible to copy the info off a mifare classic 1k card and have a new UID put on it? could a .lua script do this?

Current Fob

UID : 82 cc 8d 4b
ATQA : 00 04
SAK : 08 [2]
TYPE : NXP MIFARE CLASSIC 1k | Plus 2k SL1
proprietary non iso14443-4 card found, RATS not supported
No chinese magic backdoor command detected
Prng detection: WEAK

Valid ISO14443A Tag Found - Quiting Search

Last edited by Charlie (2019-11-22 03:23:38)

#2 2019-11-23 07:11:54

Charlie
Contributor

Re: Mifare UID Script

Any suggestions?

#3 2019-11-23 09:50:00

mwalker

Real mifare classic cards cant have the card UID changed (different forms of the magic cards can).

While I have no idea how your system works, it sounds like it is reading data of the card and using that to decide if it will accept the card or not.  you said "... If I take one of our old working cards and use our proxmark to copy it onto the new cards it works..."  since the new card was a real mifare classic, it would already have a different card UID.

Anything that is based on the data on the card will need to be setup as per the system requirements.

#4 2019-11-23 19:29:05

piwi
Contributor

Your Access Control System probably has some "formatting" or "personalization" function to initialize new cards. I propose that you look for it and use it. Your system integrator might be helpful as well.

#5 2019-11-24 20:29:46

Charlie
Contributor

mwalker wrote:

Real mifare classic cards cant have the card UID changed (different forms of the magic cards can).

While I have no idea how your system works, it sounds like it is reading data of the card and using that to decide if it will accept the card or not.  you said "... If I take one of our old working cards and use our proxmark to copy it onto the new cards it works..."  since the new card was a real mifare classic, it would already have a different card UID.

Anything that is based on the data on the card will need to be setup as per the system requirements.

They are Gen2 cards.

Board footer