Proxmark3 community

Research, development and trades concerning the powerful Proxmark3 device.

Remember; sharing is caring. Bring something back to the community.

"Learn the tools of the trade the hard way." +Fravia

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Time changes and with it the technology
Proxmark3 @ discord

Users of this forum, please be aware that information stored on this site is not private.

#1 2019-09-20 10:53:49

prismatic
Contributor

What are antennas compatibility inbetween proxmark3 versions

Hi,

I have tried to find this information on the forum and on the net but could find it. Please excuse me in advance if this question has already been answered.

My case is as follows : I have a proxmark3 (1st version) and a pair of antenna LF/HF that work. I want to buy a proxmark3 RDV 4.0. My question is : Will my antennas (1st version) will work with the RDV4.0 or do I have to buy specific RDV4 compatible antennas ?

In a more general case, are some antennas compatible with multiple proxmark3 version or does every proxmark3 version requires its own specific antennas ?

As I am more a software pentester than an electronics engineer, it's not trivial for me to figure it out based on the antenna characteristics. I hope you understand.

Thanks in advance for your replies,

#2 2019-09-21 10:38:59

piwi
Contributor

Re: What are antennas compatibility inbetween proxmark3 versions

• The original PM3 (still my favorite), the RDV2 and the RDV4 all have different antenna connectors (don't know about the RDV3 Easy). You would need at least some soldering skills to reuse antennas.

• Even if you would be able to change the connectors it is questionable if you would get good results. The antennas should be matching the impedance of the respective PM3.

• Why would you want to use your old antennas for a new PM3 at all? The newer revisions come with antennas included

#3 2019-09-21 12:01:50

prismatic
Contributor

Re: What are antennas compatibility inbetween proxmark3 versions

For pricing reasons really smile

Thanks a lot for your clear answer. All i needed ! (Will go for RDV4 pack with matching antenna then)

Best regards,

Board footer