Proxmark3 community

Research, development and trades concerning the powerful Proxmark3 device.

Remember; sharing is caring. Bring something back to the community.

"Learn the tools of the trade the hard way." +Fravia

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Time changes and with it the technology
Proxmark3 @ discord

Users of this forum, please be aware that information stored on this site is not private.

#1 2019-07-22 15:17:14

zavidos
Contributor

Good morning/afternoon/whatever beautiful people

Hello hello,
My name is Davide. I’m from Italy and I’m a brand new Proxmark forum user but.... I don’t have a Proxmark (yet).

Brief story... I fall into RFID/nfc world quite recently, buying a acr122 device to start playing with MiFare classic, then I discovered the existence of lf 125khz devices, and I’m searching a way to play with more consciousness of what I’m doing.

I have engineering background (materials), but my electronics knowledge are limited to few Arduino projects, few soldered circuits (really simple)... and my coding experience is more into python than C..but... I really like to study when I find a new passion and this has all the numbers to be the next great passion...

Now the question, I’m about to buy a Proxmark3 but as its quite expensive and I red its not for beginner...should I invest some money to develop a new hobby or there are cheaper devices that won’t disappoint me at the point to abandon everything? In other words... Proxmark is good value for a motivated beginner?

I would like to start with pcf7931 as I have a couple (yes, coffee machine key) and I red that with this kind of device you can also see techniques in which you sniff communication from the reader...well it seems a good starting point...

Thanks for reading all this text and I’m looking forward from any suggestion

Cheers

#2 2019-07-23 08:32:42

iceman
Administrator
Website

Re: Good morning/afternoon/whatever beautiful people

Welcome and I suggest you read http://www.proxmark.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=1125 as an introduction.

Your access rights has been updated.

Board footer