Proxmark3 community

Research, development and trades concerning the powerful Proxmark3 device.

Remember; sharing is caring. Bring something back to the community.

"Learn the tools of the trade the hard way." +Fravia

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Time changes and with it the technology
Proxmark3 @ discord

Users of this forum, please be aware that information stored on this site is not private.

#1 2016-09-19 20:03:07

hexa3e8
Contributor

[finished] Security Essen in Germany

just an announcement. It is nothing like defcon or blackhat but always fun to see the new security announcements and products at the 'security essen' by various companies. Maybe if you live in the neighbourhood it could be fun to go there. More and more secure wink rfid products appear each year.

http://www.security-essen.de

If I can get my hands on some new tags that would be fun.

Last edited by hexa3e8 (2016-12-14 20:50:40)

#2 2016-09-27 17:44:32

iceman
Administrator
Website

Re: [finished] Security Essen in Germany

If you are going and get your hands on new tags,  would you mind taking one extra for me of them?

#3 2016-09-27 21:28:58

hexa3e8
Contributor

I hope I can get some from the demo/marketing guys. I do not know what to expect exactly this time there. if I do succeed, I will sent it(them) to you. I'll keep you updated.

#4 2016-09-28 08:59:02

iceman
Administrator
Website

Just take two from all free samples smile  or more if you think they have a key diversification on their tags..

#5 2016-09-30 04:44:02

cjbrigato
Contributor

Humm, I can't resist but to ask for a tag if somehow it fall in your pocket after the ones who strangely got somewhere else already wink.

#6 2016-12-14 20:50:25

hexa3e8
Contributor

sad I noticed this topic was still open. so here is the update, better late then never,right.
A lot of little new companies were present and proudly presented their latest development. Unfortunately there were more marketing guys then real technicians.Everything was secure and save.... After asking about the technique behind their systems (and borrowing wink some cards/tags) it became obvious that most still used the mifare classic tags. A lot of doorlocks with rfid (I wouldn't use such a lock nowadays) and extra connections with your mobilephone. So a person could open a door with a tag and also with a cloudbased solution to use your phone.all in one. Who doesn't want to have an app nowadays.
A big area was occupied with a lot of Chinese with all sort of card selling business but not really clone activities. It's like the entire industry( well, this congress) ignores the fact that card cloning exist. nevertheless a lot of fun to see some money transportwagens / bulletproof glas / guns / radiowaves scan technology and a lot of rfid doorlock companies.
One tag from the collection was a paxton tag but I was unable to let it talk, that experience will be in another topic.I just have to buy a paxton usb reader and spoof the thing. So far no luck with the paxton. So sorry cjbrigato and iceman, I wish I could sent some tags from the 'future' but the borrowed collection was not a problem at all for the proxmark except the paxton (in my case).
Nevertheless still thumbs up for the security essen, a great place to be.

Board footer