Proxmark3 community

Research, development and trades concerning the powerful Proxmark3 device.

Remember; sharing is caring. Bring something back to the community.

"Learn the tools of the trade the hard way." +Fravia

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Time changes and with it the technology
Proxmark3 @ discord

Users of this forum, please be aware that information stored on this site is not private.

#1 2009-07-27 03:09:38

samy
Contributor
Website

Can't run Omnikey 5321 and proxmark3 at same time?

Hey guys,

I can't seem to run the Omnikey 5321 and proxmark3 at the same time in Windows (using Parallels through OS X on a MacBook Pro).

They both get power, and they independently work in either USB slot, but when both are powered, only one device ever works.

Either the proxmark3 will complain "...no device connected, polling for it now", or the Omnikey won't detect a card. By disconnecting one of the devices, then reconnecting the 2nd device, the 2nd device works. This happens in either order.

Ideas? This makes snooping exceedingly difficult smile

#2 2009-07-28 20:04:21

henryk
Contributor

Re: Can't run Omnikey 5321 and proxmark3 at same time?

It is possible, even likely, that the devices aren't getting enough power if you connect both at the same time. Other laptops might have separately powered USB ports which might be sufficient (e.g. to the left and the right of my Thinkpad) but the same cannot be said for a Macbook Pro (at least I'm guessing so from a quick google search). You should retry with a self-powered USB hub (e.g. one that has its own power adapter).

Board footer