Proxmark3 community

Research, development and trades concerning the powerful Proxmark3 device.

Remember; sharing is caring. Bring something back to the community.

"Learn the tools of the trade the hard way." +Fravia

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Time changes and with it the technology
Proxmark3 @ discord

Users of this forum, please be aware that information stored on this site is not private.

#1 2011-10-05 23:54:20

dorian g

longer range antenna, hid maxi prox + PM3

hello all,

i am interested in trying to use a 5375AGN00 MaxiProx with my proxmark3. i have asked some general information from the gentleman that runs proxclone.com, mainly because he is the inspiration of my own idea. I am trying to replicate his setup

http://proxclone.com/Long_Range_Cloner.html

he has made a custom cloner card and i was thinking along the lines of using my proxmark3.

my question is as follows, assuming the MaxiProx is operating normally it pushes wiegland card data out via a +data line and a -data line. i wonder where that data should enter the promark3.

with my half assed understanding of promarks, and half assed understanding of how to read schematics i am thinking i know just about enough to fry my card. i am assuming that it should enter somewhere after the a/d convertor. but in all honesty i really have no idea.

does anyone have ideas?

DG

#2 2011-10-06 09:32:04

0xFFFF
Administrator

Re: longer range antenna, hid maxi prox + PM3

I have ideas but I don't know if all of them are right! tongue

The HID 125kHz Prox family use Frequency-Shift Keying. There are a few resources out there that explain FSK in great detail.
The data + line and data - line you are referring are 'data 1' and 'data 0' lines. These are TTL lines that will pulse on and off to represent either a 1 or a 0 in the card data bit stream. This has nothing to do with the RF portion of the HID reader or the Proxmark.
You could connect a FTDI USB<->TTL converter directly to those lines. You'll need to write a program to interpret the data.
Depending on the card format you'll probably see something like this - 11011101000000001100100101 where bits 1-8 are the Site code and bits 9-24 are the card number.

You cannot 'inject' this data in to the Proxmark the way you are describing. You could modify the Proxmark slightly to allow connection of a reader. There are a lot of bumps along that road. Manufacturers have a number of interfaces to their readers. Wiegand is only one of them and none of them stick to a standard with regards to timing, pull up/down, etc...

You've got a lot of research to do.

Hope this helps.

#3 2011-10-07 00:15:32

dorian g

it does help, thank you for responding. i know i have barely scratched the surface of things RFID, actually i have barely scratched the surface of a lot of things in this forum. but i love reading and trying to understand. again, thanks for taking the time to respond!!

#4 2011-10-07 00:36:52

Bugman1400
Contributor

I would try to replicate what Carl did on Proxclone and forget the integration with the proxmark3. You will learn enough to fill a dump truck.

I am doing the same thing with his Proximity Card Reader/Cloner. What I have learned so far is,

1.) How to use ExpressSCH and ExpressPCB
2.) Order a custom PCb and parts from DigiKey and Newark
3.) How to initialize a HD44780 LCD
4.) How to program a Parallax SX28 and use its SX-Key Editor
5.) Assembly programming.......Carl loves assembly!

Yet, I am still only half way through.

He has also written another fantastic paper on iClass Cloner.

Good Luck!

Board footer