Proxmark3 community

Research, development and trades concerning the powerful Proxmark3 device.

Remember; sharing is caring. Bring something back to the community.

"Learn the tools of the trade the hard way." +Fravia

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Time changes and with it the technology
Proxmark3 @ discord

Users of this forum, please be aware that information stored on this site is not private.

#1 2019-05-28 00:34:45

diamondrail
Contributor

Error: Could not find file dumpkeys.bin

Hi, I am trying to dump the keys that I have found by using the proxmark3 by using this command:

"hf mf dump" and I am getting this error "Could not find file dumpkeys.bin"

1) Do I need to create this file ? and if yes, where do I save this file exactly on my computer?
2) If I don't have to manually create this file, what is stopping the proxmark3 from creating the file when I type the command "hf mf dump"?
3) Is there an explicit solution to find this problem and where can I find the information to read to understand how to fix it?

(I am working on MIFARE 1K classic card using the nested hardening key approach).

Any useful assistance would be appreciated.

#2 2019-05-28 00:35:49

diamondrail
Contributor

Re: Error: Could not find file dumpkeys.bin

4) Can anyone attach an example of the dumpkeys.bin file ?
5) Can you manually edit a .bin file and save it on your computer, then upload from your computer directly to a blank card?

#3 2019-05-28 00:59:11

mwalker

diamondrail, I think you are trying to do what I have just been testing/learning.
So if I have this right, you have a mifare card and have completed a hf mf chk command.
With this one, it wont write the keys by default, it will just display on the screen.  If you add the t option it will save to memory (for the hf mf sim functions to use).  the d option will write to the dumpkeys.bin file.
The dumpkeys.bin file should/will be in the same location as the proxmark3 executable.
From memory the bin file is a binary file, so a hex editor could be used to change this if needed.
Keep in mind the dumpkeys.bin is not a list of all keys found from "many" cards, its the list of keys for the card just checked.  It would then be used with the hf mf dump command to dump the card contents.
If you want to add a key for future use, add them to (or create your own)  keys file, e.g. default_keys.dic  which is supplied with the dev files. Here you can add keys (its a text file) that can be used for future hf mf chk runs.

e.g. for a 1k mifare card.
hf mf chk  *1 ? d <path>default_keys.dic

where path is the path to the keys file and all keys found will be stored in the dumpkeys.bin file
then you can run the dump
hf mf dump

#4 2019-05-28 01:09:57

diamondrail
Contributor

This is the last command I typed for the mifare card and results. I want to save these keys to a file, then upload to a blank card. This is where I get the dumpkeys.bin error as described above. How to fix this?

screenshot here: http://prntscr.com/nu64az of the keys I want to dump to a file.

Last edited by diamondrail (2019-05-28 01:14:24)

#5 2019-05-28 01:20:05

mwalker

that screen shows the password for the emulator (t option)
Use the d option to dump to the keys file

as per my last post
hf mf chk  *1 ? d
And other options as you need.

You need the d to create the password file used by the dump command.

#6 2019-05-28 01:31:17

diamondrail
Contributor

sorry, can you explain "hf mf chk *1 d"

I already have the keys, do I don't need to check them....  I have the keys in the emulator memory... and want to dump them into a file.. smile

#7 2019-05-28 02:39:41

mwalker

Ok, step by step.
The screen you showed was the dump from the emulator (memory), how ever they were obtained.
At this point I can see two options a) You have the card or b) they keys come from somewhere else.
So for the dump to work, you need the card (else you would just save from memory).  So regardless of HOW the keys got into memory, you still need the card to dump the data from it.

So, an approach would be to create by hand the dumpkeys file, get a hex editor and place all the values in all the correct spots, or let the system do it for you a bit simpler.
My approach is let the system do it.
That said...
1. take all the unique keys and add them to a text file e.g. keys.dic
e.g
FFFFFFFFFFFF,
AABBCCDDEE,
and so on
2. get the proxmark to scan the cards for keys using that file and create the dumpkey file IT wants.
hf mf chk *1 ? d keys.dic
this will scan the card for keys for a mifare 1K from the keys.dic file (text file), and build the dumpkeys file for you.
3. Dump the card data
hf mf dump
This will take the output from 2 and use that to read the blocks from the card and save as needed.

#8 2019-05-28 07:11:55

piwi
Contributor

You can write the keys from emulator memory to 'dumpkeys.bin' with the command 'hf mf ekeyprn d'.

#9 2019-05-28 07:34:02

mwalker

Thanks piwi, Interesting. I did not know that, will have to test, but would make it easier.

I have a version of the proxmark3.exe not too old and it did not show that in the help.

proxmark3> hf mf ekeyprn h
It prints the keys loaded in the emulator memory
Usage:  hf mf ekeyprn [card memory]
  [card memory]: 0 = 320 bytes (Mifare Mini), 1 = 1K (default), 2 = 2K, 4 = 4K

#10 2019-05-28 15:50:01

piwi
Contributor

Has been added recently

It prints the keys loaded in the emulator memory
Usage:  hf mf ekeyprn [card memory] [d]
  [card memory]: 0 = 320 bytes (Mifare Mini), 1 = 1K (default), 2 = 2K, 4 = 4K