Proxmark3 community

Research, development and trades concerning the powerful Proxmark3 device.

Remember; sharing is caring. Bring something back to the community.

"Learn the tools of the trade the hard way." +Fravia

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Time changes and with it the technology
Proxmark3 @ discord

Users of this forum, please be aware that information stored on this site is not private.

#1 2024-02-02 16:26:53

xxv
Contributor

Bluetooth addon

I ordered a few of the Bluetooth add-ons and came across a strange discrepancy: one of the add-ons had a different Bluetooth module on it. You can see what I mean in this photo album

While clones are common for things like Bluetooth modules, usually the clones work at least close to similarly. This one does not. I turned on the usart debugging:

PLATFORM_EXTRAS=BTADDON FPC_USART_DEV

recompiled, reflashed, and did some tests. It seems to respond differently to the initialization commands:

[usb] pm3 --> usart txrx -d "AT+VERSION"
[+] TX ( 10):AT+VERSION
[+] RX ( 13):BT SPP V3.0

[usb] pm3 --> usart txrx -d "AT+NAMEPM3_RDV4.0"
[+] TX ( 17):AT+NAMEPM3_RDV4.0
[+] RX (  8):OKname

[usb] pm3 --> usart txrx -d "AT+ROLE=S"
[+] TX (  9):AT+ROLE=S
[+] RX (  9):OKSlave

The module I was shipped seems to not have been tested, as usart commands to initialize it properly didn't execute fully. The advertised name was:

PM3_RDV4.0AT+ROLE=S

tongue

I was able to execute the appropriate commands to get it initialized (see above), but I suspect that y'all may want to know that there are some misbehaving clones out there in the inventory. If there's other info about this unit that you need to figure out the supply chain issue, LMK. Hopefully if someone else comes across a misconfigured module this post could be helpful as well.

Last edited by xxv (2024-02-02 18:46:26)

Board footer