Proxmark3 community

Research, development and trades concerning the powerful Proxmark3 device.

Remember; sharing is caring. Bring something back to the community.

"Learn the tools of the trade the hard way." +Fravia

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Time changes and with it the technology
Proxmark3 @ discord

Users of this forum, please be aware that information stored on this site is not private.

#1 2020-02-08 03:44:15

Iacchus
Contributor

[Solved] Help identifying tuning capacitors on Proxmark3 Easy

Hi all,

Can anyone assist me in identify the tuning / resonant capacitors on my Proxmark3 Easy board, see image below. Much appreciated!

https://ibb.co/NpfpTj9

I'm guessing that I also need to sort out that solder short that I highlighted, haha.

Cheers,

Last edited by Iacchus (2020-02-10 06:01:55)

#2 2020-02-09 14:50:33

FrankM74
Contributor

Re: [Solved] Help identifying tuning capacitors on Proxmark3 Easy

Hello,

eventually i can help you... because i had answered me some of the questions before.

1. Solder bridge between Pin 28 and 29 is correct,as this Pins have a GND connections.
2. tuning caps - the caps to tune external antenna to resonance in the RLC design should be the caps in the circle of the attached picture.

The yellow circle is for 13,56 , the othe for LF section

Proxmark3-Easy.jpg

Last nigth i try to find out what developer of Proxmark Easy have done to find out if it eventually can be improved.
I was'nt able to find a schematic of the Proxmark 3 Easy design, thats why i  createdesign files by analysis of HW.

At this time i have not completed the analysis but i create some Eagle design files ( with not correct values - not finished yet..). If someone is interested and if it is allowed i can publish the data.

Best Regards,
Frank

#3 2020-02-09 17:11:31

iceman
Administrator
Website

same guy who did rdv1, rdv2, rdv3 easy, rdv4....  Not sure you will improve much of his designs, its not like there is a ton of crappy clones of rdv3 easy out there. If you got one of them, then you most likely can improve the components. If you got a geniune rdv3 easy you don't.

With that, the latest iteration is the rvd4. Feel free to improve that one instead.

#4 2020-02-10 05:55:07

Iacchus
Contributor

Awesome work FrankM74, exactly the information that I wanted. Appreciate the help!

Board footer