Proxmark3 community

Research, development and trades concerning the powerful Proxmark3 device.

Remember; sharing is caring. Bring something back to the community.

"Learn the tools of the trade the hard way." +Fravia

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Time changes and with it the technology
Proxmark3 @ discord

Users of this forum, please be aware that information stored on this site is not private.

#1 2019-07-27 12:48:18

bigbrother
Contributor

[BlueShark] - Compatible Android Devices

Hello all smile

Is there a list of compatible android devices that work with the blue shark. I am unable to pair it with my Samsung s9.

I am happy to source another android phone, but would be good to know for sure which one/s it will definitely pair with.

Thanks in advance

#2 2019-07-27 20:58:30

simbl
Contributor

Re: [BlueShark] - Compatible Android Devices

Hello bigbrother,

I think it should basically go with any android phone, if the corresponding app has BlueShark Bluetooth support. You have to wait for an compatible app like Walrus or maybe you can support them; as far as I know, they are already working on it.

Alternatively, you may also be able to create your own kernel as I did. In addition you need a USB HC05 adapter and root access. Currently i have a wireless Termux connection with Pixel 3 and BlueShark, thanks to the community here

please correct me should I am wrong

#3 2019-07-27 21:58:24

iceman
Administrator
Website

@bigbrother   Its too little information to go with.  Its a normal bluetooth connection,  serial of uart.  running a termux with full client compiled with blue shark support enabled,   should work.

There is no "app" for Blueshark yet,  project Walrus with their app isn't updated.  Like all open source projects they lack ppl to contribute to the code.

@simbl,   Cool!  Show us some pictures!

#4 2019-07-28 15:35:27

simbl
Contributor

Here is an picture and a gif of my current mobile setup. I am currently still waiting for my china delivery of an smaller HC-06 master+CP2102 converter Module, so it is still not perfect wink

IMG-3767.jpg

testing wireless communication, loading default_keys to proxmark3
ohphhlur.gif

Last edited by simbl (2019-07-28 15:41:27)

#5 2019-07-28 19:46:07

bigbrother
Contributor

Hi all

thank you for your replies. I am however at this stage not referring to any apps or software..

I am referring to the "simple" pairing of the bluetooth blueshark to the phone..

I have followed the instructions "Connecting via bluetooth" found here: https://lab401.com/blogs/academy/proxmark-3-rdv-4-standalone-module-assembly-first-use

but when I try to (simply) pair with my Samsung s9 I do not have the option to select the lower com port.

my phone then says it is paired but the blue light still flashes on the blue shark. according to the instructions above the blue light should be solid.

as a result, I can only think that something funky is happening due to it being Samsung..

---

in addition, my Samsung is my everyday use phone and I would rather source a different phone to use for testing, especially if I need to root my phone.

so.. does anybody know of an android device that will 100% pair with the blueshark?

@simbl, you said you have achieved this with a pixel 3. did this pair without any issues or did you have to do anything special i.e. drivers?

guy, thanks again

#6 2019-07-28 20:12:55

iceman
Administrator
Website

Aha,   well,  yeah,  ok,  I understand.
That guide was well done but it doesn't go in to the details.

We have the offical blue shark manual on Github which would have answered your question.
https://github.com/RfidResearchGroup/pr … ual_v10.md

(1) Connecting your RDV4.0 with Bluetooth on mobile phone or computer

Open Bluetooth and search for a device named PM3_RDV4.0.
    Enter the paired password 1234 and establish the connection.
    The blue state LED on the add-on will keep blinking after the connection is established. Only when the mobile phone or computer opens the correct COM port, the blue LED turns on solid, indicating that the connection is successful.

#7 2019-07-28 22:00:34

simbl
Contributor

Generally any android phone with Bluetooth should pair with BlueShark.

I tried it also with an Nexus5x, but that was unfortunately not enough, the BlueShark Bluetooth LED still blinks.

Under Linux and I think under Android too, you have also to bind your BlueShark MacAddress with a tool like rfcomm to get an COM port or use an app which is able do some magic like this.

I did not get this (virtual) COM port running on android, so I decided to use different method with an external Bluetooth Adapter as described above. For this solution it was necessary to activate the corresponding drivers in the android kernel.

It would be better to use the internal bluetooth, but I did not manage it. Maybe someone else has an more convenient idea, I would appreciate that!?

#8 2019-07-29 08:40:38

bigbrother
Contributor

it would seem that connecting a bluetooth device to android through UART has to be done at the software level.

a quick search on the play store has produced some results for apps that might do this. I am really busy today, but at some point will download as many as I can and test them out.

https://developer.android.com/things/sdk/pio/uart

Last edited by bigbrother (2019-07-29 08:51:41)

#9 2019-07-29 09:02:08

bigbrother
Contributor

ok.. I have had some success..

1: go to play store and search for: SENA BTerm. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sena.bterm
2: Switch on blue shark
3: Open Android Settings>Bluetooth, switch Bluetooth on and Search for Devices
4: Connect to the Blueshark
5: Enter the Bluetooth Pairing PIN number
6: Open SENA BTerm>Settings>Bluetooth Management
7: On the Bluetooth Management Screen press "Connect To" button
8: Click the "Select" button
9: Press "Start Scan"
10: The BlueShark Bluetooth Adapter should appear on the list, select it.
11: Press BACK
12: The terminal screen will now be connected to the Serial Port of the Blueshark Bluetooth device. Any incoming data will be shown on the screen and a solid blue light.

wether this solves the issue is another question..

#10 2019-07-29 10:56:07

simbl
Contributor

Thanks for sharing your research. I had tried that first, but then gave up quickly. I do not know exactly what you are up to, but I am looking for a proxmark RRG Repo full client for android and only a terminal access to the proxmark is not enough for me. If you managed to get here the proxmark client working, you are my man smile

... until then I think the best solution (for me) would still be termux with native blueshark (UART) bluetooth support, maybe there are  developers who can implement this in termux?

#11 2019-07-29 15:41:34

iceman
Administrator
Website

#12 2019-07-30 23:49:53

Mackwa
Contributor

some status from my tests with RDV4 (+ BlueShark) and android:
- Termux + compiled RRG repo client + RDV4 connected via cable (/dev/ttyACM0) -> works
- until now I have no success to get a /dev/rfcomm with termux, I also tested the Termux with Bluetooth from https://github.com/DoomyDwyer/termux-app/releases/tag/v0.59_bt -> Termux connected to BlueShark, but it opens another terminal window and no rfcomm device ...

Anyone has a working solution without additional UART <-> Bluetooth Adapters?

Board footer