Proxmark3 community

Research, development and trades concerning the powerful Proxmark3 device.

Remember; sharing is caring. Bring something back to the community.

"Learn the tools of the trade the hard way." +Fravia

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Time changes and with it the technology
Proxmark3 @ discord

Users of this forum, please be aware that information stored on this site is not private.

#1 2010-08-16 12:33:24

soohrt

does the proxmark3 can work with 25khz frequency?

Hello!

We saw the presentation on the 26c3 and now we want to start playing around with the hard and software to get an overview on whats possiblean and what is not.

We are using a simonssvoss 3060 system ant work and we would like to target this first. It looks that the communication between transponder and key cylinder is at 25khz. I would like to know if it is possible to read this communication wit the proxmark3.

Or more precicely:
Can we work with this frequency after: building a new antenna and update the firmware? (we can go to work)
Do we need to change the hardware (not enough know how on my side)?
Is it impossible?

Thanks for your time!

Greetings
Christian

#2 2010-12-16 07:16:45

codysnider
Website

Re: does the proxmark3 can work with 25khz frequency?

It will.

Your understanding that you will need to create an antenna that is tuned for this is correct. This seems highly unusual and I'm not aware of any RFID system that uses such a low frequency. Are you absolutely certain 25kHz is correct? I looked through a few of the specs, but didn't see anything related to the frequency, is there any chance that you have the docs on-hand?

#3 2010-12-16 10:18:46

soohrt

Hello codysnider,

you are right, the information is hard to find and i had to search a long time to find even a little bit of information about it. See this pdf-document: http://www.simons-voss.de/fileadmin/med … 3065_D.pdf

Its in german, but on page 10 you can see Picture referencing the used frequencies. I hope the is helpful.

Greetings
Christian

#4 2010-12-16 11:47:49

codysnider
Website

I may have been mistaken in my initial statement. Looking at the code, the lowest possible value seems to be 46.875 kHz.

Can anyone else confirm if this is a limitation of the hardware or simply a limitation of the code? I see CmdSetDivisor in cmdhw.c has the possible values for the divisor set to allow 0 - 255. I cannot imagine why someone would limit the software if the hardware was still capable of a lower frequency.

Board footer