Proxmark3 community

Research, development and trades concerning the powerful Proxmark3 device.

Remember; sharing is caring. Bring something back to the community.

"Learn the tools of the trade the hard way." +Fravia

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Time changes and with it the technology
Proxmark3 @ discord

Users of this forum, please be aware that information stored on this site is not private.

#1 2010-05-24 22:37:16

roteno

Proxmark3 RX Path

Can someone let me know if I have a proper understanding of how the Proxmark3 analog RX path works?

When the PM3 is acting as a reader and it wants to demod the data sent to it via a real tag it uses the envelope detected and filtered signals LOPKD and HIPKD.

When the PM3 is acting as a tag and it wants to demod the data sent to it via a real reader it uses the envelope detected and filtered signals LOPKD and HIPKD.

When the PM3 is "sniffing" both a real reader and real tag it uses the direct  amplified signals LORAW and HIPKD.

Does that sound right to you guys? Trying to understand the HW better. 

Thanks for reading.

#2 2010-05-25 18:33:02

roteno

Re: Proxmark3 RX Path

(*Found a TYPO)

Can someone let me know if I have a proper understanding of how the Proxmark3 analog RX path works?

When the PM3 is acting as a reader and it wants to demod the data sent to it via a real tag it uses the envelope detected and filtered signals LOPKD and HIPKD.

When the PM3 is acting as a tag and it wants to demod the data sent to it via a real reader it uses the envelope detected and filtered signals LOPKD and HIPKD.

When the PM3 is "sniffing" both a real reader and real tag it uses the direct  amplified signals LORAW and HIRAW.*

Does that sound right to you guys? Trying to understand the HW better.

Thanks for reading.

#3 2010-05-28 04:14:45

roteno

Re: Proxmark3 RX Path

Found my answer so I thought I would share:

The PM3 typically only uses the envelope detected signals LOPKD and HIPKD for all modes.

The squaring operation of the envelope detector translates the carrier to DC leaving the sub-carrier to be sampled and processed by the A/D and FPGA.

Thanks for reading.

Board footer