Proxmark3 community

Research, development and trades concerning the powerful Proxmark3 device.

Remember; sharing is caring. Bring something back to the community.

"Learn the tools of the trade the hard way." +Fravia

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Time changes and with it the technology
Proxmark3 @ discord

Users of this forum, please be aware that information stored on this site is not private.

#1 2019-12-31 19:34:11

randomdude42
Contributor

Hello all

Hi,

got a PM3 yesterday and I've been tinkering with it since then. I'm not a pentester or a hacker, just a curious sysadmin. At work we use Indala readers + RFID cards; a local security company charges pretty well if we need more cards or any changes to our own system. Also, some employees would have preferred something more convenient than an ID card hanging off one's neck, like RFID wriststraps, but the company just bluntly says no. Cloning Indalas to T5577s gives some other options.

Anyway, the reason I'm here is sharing something. I've been flipping bits in Indala UIDs (those starting with a000000...) one by one with PM3 and tried what a RF IDeas pcProx USB reader says: it spits out the card number if the card is valid. Some on this forum said bits are scrambled and readers are paired with cards, and yes, bits are scrambled, but the USB reader doesn't seem to have any methods of pairing -- there's just one way to scramble bits? I've got notes and two scripts (for creating and decoding UIDs) to share for others to see if they make any sense.

#2 2019-12-31 19:52:23

iceman
Administrator
Website

Re: Hello all

Welcome and thank you for reading the introduction post http://www.proxmark.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=1125.

Your access rights has been updated.

Board footer