Proxmark3 community

Research, development and trades concerning the powerful Proxmark3 device.

Remember; sharing is caring. Bring something back to the community.

"Learn the tools of the trade the hard way." +Fravia

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Time changes and with it the technology
Proxmark3 @ discord

Users of this forum, please be aware that information stored on this site is not private.

#1 2019-11-12 00:46:34

lelik7605
Contributor

Yet another newbie here...

Hi.

I'm Lelik, trying  to figure out the gadget I've bought recently - the "proxmark III easy". Still unsuccessfully. sad

Originally I was under impression that this would be an easy task - I do some systems and near-embedded programming for a living, and have basic understanding how hardware works in general. Long ago I did some badass FPGA development, yet I'm not a DSP guy (managed to get a quite complex softcpu running on a Spartan-3 @100MHZ, that required custom vhdl generator and some heavy Synplify tuning) - but this was about 10? years ago.

But this device - Not so easy at all.

Documentation is hard to find, most posts on this forum are from 2012, I was unable even to find a downloadable firmware image (well, there is tons of GIT repositories mostly with marked as "obsolete and dangerous, do not touch"). I couldn't even find a single link to a pre-built firmware (not bundled with windows client).

No clue what device do I have - box says "proxmark III easy", but the board has a printed sticker attached that reads "512M". Is it an "easy" clone with 512M cpu? Compatible at all?

I mainly care about 2 scenarios - and I do realize that this hardware might not be the best for the task, but this was the only item easily obtainable where I live.

I need two things:

Scenario 1.  HF mifare standalone sniffer. What I read so far is horrifying - standalone firmwares are strange beasts that one must compile himself, with a prerequisite of learning the board architecture. But I don't want learn yet another device - I'm old and stupid. I mean, sniff is a common task - wasn't it supposed to be like this - get a pre-built Iceman's firmware, flash it, press a button, and it works? The scarce notes that when you connect proxmark to client it overwrites fpga image which in turn wipes collected sniff data from ram are really terrifying to read... Please tell me that there is a simple solution for this task.

Scenario 2. LF emmarine standalone multi-tag emulator. Sometimes I need to reprogram an access controller and enter bunch of tags in memory. Basically press some buttons on a key panel, then scan tags one by one, then press some more buttons. For now I have a huge (physical) keychain with programmed tags that I have to scan each time. Ideally I need a standalone FW where I upload a list of tag IDs, press a button and proxmark would emulate "touching" each tag one by one with disconnect and a 2-sec pause between them. Is it something achievable with standalone FW? In an "easy" way - get a dummy example, write few libnfc calls, run make and it just works? I really don't want to become a proxmark expert for a seemingly simple task...

I apologize for turning an intro post into newbie questions, please feel free to move/ignore/or direct me to a proper subforum when(or if) my account will be approved.

Thanks!

#2 2019-11-12 04:08:28

iceman
Administrator
Website

Re: Yet another newbie here...

Welcome and thank you for reading the introduction post http://www.proxmark.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=1125.

Your access rights has been updated.

P.s.
  This must have been the best introduction I ever read here.

Board footer