Proxmark3 community

Research, development and trades concerning the powerful Proxmark3 device.

Remember; sharing is caring. Bring something back to the community.

"Learn the tools of the trade the hard way." +Fravia

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Time changes and with it the technology
Proxmark3 @ discord

Users of this forum, please be aware that information stored on this site is not private.

#1 2010-08-26 15:00:20

ny77yn

Question on hw tune

I inherited a proxmark3 and LF antenna.  I was able to connect it to my windows 7 system and upgrade the os, fpga, and bootimage to Win 2010.  That was the easy part.  When I run the command "hw tune" with the antenna that was purchased with the device I get the following:

proxmark3> hw tune
#db# Measuring antenna characteristics, please wait.
proxmark3>

# LF antenna:  0.00 V @   125.00 kHz
# LF antenna:  0.00 V @   134.00 kHz
# LF optimal:  0.00 V @ 12000.00 kHz
# HF antenna:  0.00 V @    13.56 MHz
# Your LF antenna is unusable.
# Your HF antenna is unusable.
proxmark3>

I thought that the port maybe bad so using the instructions on how to build a cheap HF antenna out of a usb cable, I formed the 3 loops and connected it to the test pads 3 and 4.  Still got the same results.    Hoping someone out there might have a thought or two on this.

Thank you for your time, sorry for the long post.

#2 2010-08-31 17:34:58

ny77yn

Re: Question on hw tune

Thanks for the suggestions.  Sorry I thought I posted an update yesterday but must of shutdown my browser without submitting it.  No matter what I do to the antenna hf tune comes up all 0s.  I don't need a tag nearby to get a reading right?  What I was reading in the forums is that the tag draws power from the antenna, so the voltage should be higher with no tag around.

I haven't soldered anything in years, but I looked at the pads and didn't see any cracks.  Is there any commands that would tell me if the circuit isn't at least complete? i.e. looking for a bad connection.

I was told it was working before so I might just knock the OS back down to July 2009 code and see if that helps any.

Board footer