Proxmark3 community

Research, development and trades concerning the powerful Proxmark3 device.

Remember; sharing is caring. Bring something back to the community.

"Learn the tools of the trade the hard way." +Fravia

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Time changes and with it the technology
Proxmark3 @ discord

Users of this forum, please be aware that information stored on this site is not private.

#1 2010-07-19 19:57:48

Randy_Kneth

proxmark3 supports 'USB Y CABLE' connection???

Hi,

I have a doubt about the usb connection between the proxmark3 and a computer. Is it possible to connect the proxmark3 using a 'USB Y CABLE' in this form?:

------------- USB-A (only power) to a battery usb (Lenmar 5V/750mAh, for example)
                                       /
                                      /
PROXMARK3 MINI-B -------
                                      \
                                       \
                                         ------------- USB-A (only data) to a computer

My idea is to do this:
    - Connect the proxmark3 to the battery usb and the computer, run prox.exe gui and execute hi14asnoop.
    - Unplug the proxmark3 from the computer and to sniff communications 14443 type A
    - Plug again the proxmark3 to the computer, run prox.exe gui and retrieve the sniffed data with hi14alist.

Can I do this with the proxmark?

Thanks in advance

#2 2010-10-01 18:44:55

ryan
Contributor

Re: proxmark3 supports 'USB Y CABLE' connection???

It does work.  I've done this with standalone mode for hid proxcard id capture.  When you are in standalone mode and have a captured tag id, you can plug the data line into a computer (some laptops shut off the power to the usb controller until it detects something drawing power is plugged in, so you may need to plug another device into the other port to get the computer to turn the usb controller on) and when you switch to play mode for the tag after connecting to prox gui, it prints the tag id you read earlier.

#3 2010-10-02 14:01:54

Randy_Kneth

Re: proxmark3 supports 'USB Y CABLE' connection???

Thanks ryan!!

2 months ago I got it to work with a battery usb (Kensington K38036EU) and a 'USB Y CABLE' that built myself, I used the default firmware. Before retrieving sniffed data, I had to take the following steps:
1.- Push the proxmark3 button to finish the "hi14asnoop" command
2.- Connect the 'USB Y CABLE' (data+power connector) to the computer
3.- Disconnect the 'USB Y CABLE' (only power) from the proxmark3
4.- run prox.exe gui and retrieve the sniffed data with hi14alist

Board footer