Proxmark3 community

Research, development and trades concerning the powerful Proxmark3 device.

Remember; sharing is caring. Bring something back to the community.

"Learn the tools of the trade the hard way." +Fravia

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Time changes and with it the technology
Proxmark3 @ discord

Users of this forum, please be aware that information stored on this site is not private.

#1 2010-04-13 14:45:38

formel1950

All lights on!!

Hello,

I need some help. I flashed the Proxmark with a new osimage, bootrom and fpga image and now when I plug in the USB connector, all four lights turn on and stay on. There is also no difference when I push the button on the Proxmark before I connect to USB => all four lights on. I think there was something wrong during the flash procedure. Is there a way to install a good bootloader?

When I tries to flash the bootrom I receive "...no device connected, polling for it now" and windows says "USB Device Not Recognized"

What can I do? Please help me!!

Thanks

#2 2010-04-14 00:23:09

toffe

Re: All lights on!!

If you're unable to flash using the boot loader, you're out of simple options. One option that is not too complicated is to buy a ARM JTAG adapter, for example one of the Wiggler clones or the ARM-USB-JTAG one from Olimex. OTOH, there's not many options that are more complicated.

Unfortunately, the Proxmark3 uses a 16MHz crystal, at least that's what the original part lists suggests. This makes it impossible to use the built-in bootloader "SAM-BA" of the ARM CPU, because that requires a 18.432MHz crystal in place of the 16MHz one.

Not having tested this myself, and maybe someone else could tell me if I'm right or wrong, but wouldn't it be possible to temporarily hijack DRXD (PA27 / FPGA_DONE) and DTXD (PA28 / FPGA_NPROGRAM), jack an FTDI TTL-232R-3V3 to these pins + GND & VDD and then use the RS232 variant of SAM-BA? Or are FPGA_DONE/FPGA_NPROGRAM driven hard by the FPGA?

I know that these pins are inconvenient to access on the PCB, but from the back side and some appropriate cable dimensions, it should be fine. The tricky part is to access the ERASE pin (55) on the ARM...

Board footer