Proxmark3 community

Research, development and trades concerning the powerful Proxmark3 device.

Remember; sharing is caring. Bring something back to the community.

"Learn the tools of the trade the hard way." +Fravia

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Time changes and with it the technology
Proxmark3 @ discord

Users of this forum, please be aware that information stored on this site is not private.

#1 2009-03-05 19:22:10

edo512
Contributor

USB Stack

Has anyone given thoughts on how the USB stack on the Proxmark3 could evolve? Actually, wouldn't a simple Virtual serial port over USB be a nice solution? This way most parameter parsing would be done on the ARM, the client software would be very simplified - all the way to just a serial emulator in case graphs are not needed - and the proxmark would be able to stream data over the virtual serial port. What do you think?

Ed

#2 2009-03-06 17:24:27

rule

Re: USB Stack

Great idea.

I must say I've looked into this some time ago, but I could not get it to work that easy. Especially since it is quite a pain to get flash it after a mistate in the USB-Description, for example the endpoint configuration etc.

If you have some example code I willing to set up some driver / packaging framework. I designed earlier a similar framework, but that was over just plain RS232.

One more thing, are the messages buffered, or do we need to let the ARM pay attention to the incoming frames, and maybe resend them until they are parsed? Or is it possible for the ARM to buffer a incoming frame and raise an IRQ to let a package be processed.

Well let me know if you have experience in this field, I hope we can work this out to a very nice interface.

Cheers,

Roel

Board footer